On the Ancient Rhythmic Path With Layne Redmond
Beginner to Intermediate Level Frame Drum Workshop – Bee Priestess Intensive Level II
November 16, 17, & 18, 2012 – MELBOURNE, FLORIDA
The frame drum is the world’s oldest drum and was played by the ancient priestesses of the Bee Goddesses: Aphrodite, Artemis, Cybele, Demeter, Persephone, and Neith. They were known as the Melissaes in Greek and the Deborahs in Hebrew.
Friday night 6-9 PM
Friday evening we begin at the beginning, introducing Layne’s teachings and basic frame drumming techniques. Those comfortable with the basics will learn how to refine and deepen their drumming. Perfect for those who’ve been away from their drums for a while and wish to reconnect in a powerful way! Includes loaner drums for beginning drummers.
Saturday 9 AM – 5 PM and Sunday 10 AM – 2 PM
Chanting, overtone singing, and humming sacred sounds to the rhythms of the frame drum is an ancient technique for directly synchronizing the mind/body, creating conditions for psychological, physical, and spiritual healing. The ancient frame drum was associated with the goddesses Aphrodite, Artemis, Cybele, Demeter, Persephone, and Neith.
During the workshop we will:
- Work on rhythms from North Africa and Brazil on the Middle Eastern Style tambourine.
- Learn yogic practices of the Bee Goddess from India – mantra for the bee goddess, several forms of Bhramari, pranayama practices derived from the buzzing of bees which vibrates and realigns the entire nervous system, brain, and body by buzzing the vocal chords.
- Create sacred space through ritual with the frame drum and healing sounds.
- Expand your mastery and take your drumming to new levels.
WORKSHOP SCHEDULE& LOCATION:
Friday, November 16: 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm – required for all new participants
Saturday, November 17: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday, November 18: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Community Center for Healing Arts, 916 Columbus Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901
- Early registration fee is $180 if paid by October 15, 2012;
after October 15, 2012 registration is $205
- Fees include the use of a Lotus Tambourine for the workshop if needed
Sharan Miller – It’s Time To Drum! –For registration forms and information Email & phone: